So whats on this weekend in Melbourne, well I don’t want to sound cheesy, but don’t make plans Sunday… Prahran Market is hosting a Cheese Festival!!
From Cheese to cheese… cheese lovers are guaranteed a good day! But in all seriousness the Cheese Festival will have a whole range of market traders offering fine quality products and dishes for taste testing and purchase! Restaurants and famous chefs will also be in the mix of these traders, offering mouth watering, oozing, cheesy treats!
Some of these traders include:
- Wilson & Market: Braised short ribs, cauliflower mac and cheese
- Noisette: Croque Monsieur, cheese baguettes
- Cleo’s Deli: Manchego croquette, mini cheese platter
- Maker & Monger: Grilled toasties, raclette, Reuben, cheese plates
- Naheda’s Choice: Two cheeses for $10, cheese with truffle
- El Alamo: Cheesy empanadas
If that doesn’t get your mouth watering I don’t know what will!
Through out the day there will also be a number of demonstrations where you can learn new cheesy tricks for the kitchen and of course a great atmosphere with live music and entertainment. These demonstrations include:
With Cheese lovers swooping in from everywhere, the Festival will be sure to draw a crowd so I would recommend getting in as early as possible! This is a free event and will run from 10am- 4pm at the Prahran Market.
Read more here